2016

2016

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Trump's Religion

"Donald Trump, ....

1. He's a Presbyterian.

"First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens, is where I went to church," he told Christian Broadcasting Network in 2012. Trump has also been a member of Marble Collegiate Church, a Reformed Church in America congregation and once the pulpit of Norman Vincent Peale, author of the mega-best-seller "The Power of Positive Thinking."
Bonus faith fact: Trump's paternal grandmother's maiden name was "Christ."

2. One religion Trump seems to think is not so wonderful is

Islam
.

In the lead-up to the 2012 presidential election, Trump told Fox News' Bill O'Reilly that there is a "Muslim problem." "I don't notice Swedish people knocking down the World Trade Center,"

3. He collects Bibles.

In the same 2012 CBN interview, Trump said fans often send him Bibles and he keeps every one of them "in a very nice place."

4. He goes to church "when I can."

"Always on Christmas. Always on Easter. Always when there's a major occasion," Trump said in 2012. Then he added: "I'm a Sunday church person."

5. Trump's daughter, Ivanka Trump Kushner, converted to Judaism.

"Not only do I have Jewish grandchildren I have a Jewish daughter and I am very honored by that,he told The Jewish Voice." Charisma

No comments:

Post a Comment