2016

2016

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Trump goes after Carson's Religion

"Donald Trump on Saturday raised questions about Republican presidential challenger Ben Carson's faith with recent surveys showing the retired pediatric neurosurgeon leading among voters in Iowa and Wisconsin.
"I love Iowa," Trump said, The Washington Post reports. "And, look, I don't have to say it, I'm Presbyterian.

"Can you believe it? Nobody believes I'm Presbyterian," the billionaire developer added. "I'm Presbyterian. I'm Presbyterian.

"I'm Presbyterian. Boy, that's down the middle of the road folks, in all fairness," he said. "I mean,
Seventh-day Adventist, I don't know about. I just don't know about
."

In his 1992 book, "Gifted Hands," Carson disclosed that he is a twice-baptized Seventh-day Adventist.

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants who believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ to Earth and adopt a literal interpretation of the Bible.

They also observe the Sabbath on Saturday. That differs from most Christians, including Presbyterians, who observe the Sabbath on Sunday.

The denomination was established in 1863 in Battle Creek, Mich.

"We believe that the biblical events recorded in Genesis 1-11, including the special creation of human beings, are historical and recent, that the seven days of creation were literal 24 hour days forming a literal week, and that the flood was global in nature,"the Church's website said."
NewsMax

No comments:

Post a Comment